Churches

Home » Churches

The village of Malpas has two churches, the renowned St Oswalds Church dominates the skyline and is worthy of a visit to admire the beauty of this historic building. The High Street Church in stark contrast is a modern building which is utilised for many community functions, from Cheeky monkeys to the walking group. Alongside these two churches are a number of other churches located in neighbouring villages.

Details of all the local churches can be found below.

St Oswalds

St Oswald's Malpas This ancient church is situated at the heart of the small town of Malpas. It is a fine example of medieval architecture and has witnessed to the truths of the Christian faith for over 1,000 years. The present church probably stands on the site of the former private chapel to Malpas Castle, which was erected soon after the Norman Conquest of 1066. The present....

high st

High Street Church is a modern building completed in 1995 and set in the attractive village of Malpas in the south west corner of Cheshire, close to the borders of Shropshire and Wales.Our main worship is on a Sunday morning at 10.45 am. Its style is modern, varied, collaborative and inclusive. There is always someone on hand to take younger children in their own time....

st johns threapwood

St John's Church serves a small community and was built as a chapel of ease for Malpas in 1817. The church fills up for the major festivals for Easter, Christmas, and Harvest and, as such, is a focus for the local community. Read more about St John's, Threapwood, on Wikipedia Services at St John's Communion is held here twice a month and is from the Book....

St-_Chad

St Chad's Church is on Chester Road (the A41) in the civil parish of Tushingham cum Grindley, Cheshire, England. It is an active Anglican parish church in the deanery of Malpas, the archdeaconry of Chester, and the diocese of Chester. Its benefice is combined with those of St Michael, Marbury, and St Mary, Whitewell. The church is recorded in the National Heritage List for England as....

old St_Chads

Deeds dated 1349 refer to a chapel on this site which was a chapel of ease to St Oswald's Church, Malpas. A document dated 1621 refers to it as Chadwick Chapel, although by 1636 another document called it Chad Chapel. It was rebuilt in 1689-91 and has been little changed since. The principal financial donations for the chapel were from John Dod, a London mercer who had been born....