Cheshire Fire Authority has launched its annual consultation, which will run until 2nd January 2018.
The latest draft plan outlines our proposals to ensure that Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service provides an effective and efficient service to the communities and businesses of Cheshire. Headline projects within the draft Plan include:
- Reviewing the provision of the Service's third aerial appliance, currently based at Macclesfield Fire Station.
- Reviewing the current crewing arrangements at Penketh Fire Station and the suitability and sustainability of the current crewing arrangements at Wilmslow Fire Station.
- Proposing to roll out the cardiac response pilot — undertaken in conjunction with the North West Ambulance Service — to all fire stations across Cheshire.
- Reviewing Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service's Protection Department to ensure it is able to meet the emerging demands following the Grenfell Tower fire.
- Developing and considering options to build new, replacement, fire stations in Chester, Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Warrington — potentially in conjunction with local partner agencies.
- Providing additional funding to encourage local housing providers to fit sprinkler systems in their properties.
- Commence building the operational training centre at the Authority's Sadler Road site.
- Delivering against the Service's Transformation Plan to reflect the requirements of the fire reform agenda and to deliver the action plan from the 2017 staff engagement survey.
- Proposing to increase Cheshire Fire Authority's share of Council Tax by 1.99%.
- Concluding our innovative Blue Light Collaboration project with Cheshire Constabulary and the Police and Crime Commissioner to provide joint support services to both organisations from a shared headquarters.
The attached pdf file is a summary document outlining the issues that are being consulted upon within the draft Plan.
Further information and a copy of our full draft Plan is also available HERE
Once the consultation has closed, Members of the Authority will consider any feedback and make any changes before approving a final Plan and Budget in February 2018. Once finalised, the Plan will run from 1 April 2018.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Malpas Parish Council — Grant ApplicationsMalpas Parish Council's Grant Application Process has changed. A total sum of £8,000.00 has been allocated towards grant payments for the 2018 — 19 financial year.Local groups / organisations are invited to apply for grants from Malpas Parish Council.All grant applications are to be submitted by 31 March 2018.Grant...
Bright Life — Whats OnIMG(291425,O...
Latest Crime updateFor more information click http://www.malpascheshire.org/residents-information/te...
Craddock Court, Malpas
Malpas Young Persons Centre, Chester Road, Malpas
Chorlton Lane Village Hall, Chorlton Lane, Malpas, SY14 7ER
High Street Church