Great Outdoors Malpas — Ladies Birdwatching Group Programme January 2017 — March 2017
Wednesday mornings — 10:00hrs — 13:30hrs
Nature related outdoor activities for the Over 50s
1. 11 Jan — 4 mile walk from Grindley Brook along country lanes and the Shropshire Union Canal
2. 25 Jan — Erddig (National Trust), Wrexham
3. 8 Feb — Short walk around Aldford village and along River Dee
4. 22 Feb — Chirk Castle (National Trust) woodland walk
5. 1 Mar — Burton Mere Wetlands (RSPB reserve on Wirral)
6. 15 Mar — Short walk around Marbury village and Big Mere
7. 22 Mar — Nant Mill (Woodland Trust) near Coedpoeth, Wrexham. Chance to hear and see a range of resident woodland birds.
All venues are provisional, subject to weather conditions and mobility of participants. Minibus transport is available with pick-up in Farndon. Some reserves may require an entrance fee.
The programme is designed to cover a range of habitats and to see a wide variety of bird species.
Meeting point either Bickley Hall Farm or central Malpas to arrange car share.
All activities are FREE — refreshments costs are not included
Leader — Anne Brenchley — If interested contact Anne on 01948 820728 (Tues-Thurs) or 07970 387017
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
FORGET ME NOT CAFÉ DA...
Hosepipe ban on the way...
The Sarn Memorial Cycling Challenge. We are a local group of friends from the villages of Threapwood and Tallarn Green who are undertaking to complete a cycle route which will take in the war cemeteries in Northern France and Belgium. The chosen cemeteries and route are based on the names which are recorded on the War Memorials of both villages with the intention of visiting each and every...
Cornes room (3) in Jubilee Hall Malpas
High Street Church
The Old School Tea Rooms, Church Street, Malpas