Great Outdoors Malpas — Ladies Birdwatching Group Programme January 2017 — March 2017
Wednesday mornings — 10:00hrs — 13:30hrs
Nature related outdoor activities for the Over 50s
1. 11 Jan — 4 mile walk from Grindley Brook along country lanes and the Shropshire Union Canal
2. 25 Jan — Erddig (National Trust), Wrexham
3. 8 Feb — Short walk around Aldford village and along River Dee
4. 22 Feb — Chirk Castle (National Trust) woodland walk
5. 1 Mar — Burton Mere Wetlands (RSPB reserve on Wirral)
6. 15 Mar — Short walk around Marbury village and Big Mere
7. 22 Mar — Nant Mill (Woodland Trust) near Coedpoeth, Wrexham. Chance to hear and see a range of resident woodland birds.
All venues are provisional, subject to weather conditions and mobility of participants. Minibus transport is available with pick-up in Farndon. Some reserves may require an entrance fee.
The programme is designed to cover a range of habitats and to see a wide variety of bird species.
Meeting point either Bickley Hall Farm or central Malpas to arrange car share.
All activities are FREE — refreshments costs are not included
Leader — Anne Brenchley — If interested contact Anne on 01948 820728 (Tues-Thurs) or 07970 387017
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Road closed at Bradley Bridge. on 11th JuneThis is necessary for safety reasons to enable bridge repair works. The work will be carried out by Cheshire West and Chester Borough Council.Closed at junction with Roman Road on the North west side of the bridge and at the junction with Bradley Hall on the South Side of the Bridge. Bridge lies on Old Malpas Road (B5395) appox 1.5km south east...
A Colours fashion show and pop up shop.Shop your favourite High Street Brands at 50% off and mo...
Malpas Young Person Centre
The Jubilee Hall, Malpas
Malpas Recreation Ground