Cheshire Fire Authority has launched its annual consultation, which will run until 2nd January 2018.
The latest draft plan outlines our proposals to ensure that Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service provides an effective and efficient service to the communities and businesses of Cheshire. Headline projects within the draft Plan include:
- Reviewing the provision of the Service's third aerial appliance, currently based at Macclesfield Fire Station.
- Reviewing the current crewing arrangements at Penketh Fire Station and the suitability and sustainability of the current crewing arrangements at Wilmslow Fire Station.
- Proposing to roll out the cardiac response pilot — undertaken in conjunction with the North West Ambulance Service — to all fire stations across Cheshire.
- Reviewing Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service's Protection Department to ensure it is able to meet the emerging demands following the Grenfell Tower fire.
- Developing and considering options to build new, replacement, fire stations in Chester, Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Warrington — potentially in conjunction with local partner agencies.
- Providing additional funding to encourage local housing providers to fit sprinkler systems in their properties.
- Commence building the operational training centre at the Authority's Sadler Road site.
- Delivering against the Service's Transformation Plan to reflect the requirements of the fire reform agenda and to deliver the action plan from the 2017 staff engagement survey.
- Proposing to increase Cheshire Fire Authority's share of Council Tax by 1.99%.
- Concluding our innovative Blue Light Collaboration project with Cheshire Constabulary and the Police and Crime Commissioner to provide joint support services to both organisations from a shared headquarters.
The attached pdf file is a summary document outlining the issues that are being consulted upon within the draft Plan.
Further information and a copy of our full draft Plan is also available HERE
Once the consultation has closed, Members of the Authority will consider any feedback and make any changes before approving a final Plan and Budget in February 2018. Once finalised, the Plan will run from 1 April 2018.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Temporary Bridge Closure — Bradley Bridge Old Hall Street in MalpasNotice is hereby given pursuant to the provisions of Section 14 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 that the Cheshire West and Chester Borough Council intend to make an Order the effect of which will be to temporarily close Bradley Bridge and to prohibit traffic on the following length of road in Malpas to enable bridge...
Temporary Road Closure Chester Road in Hampton Heath, MalpasNotice is hereby given pursuant to the provisions of Section 14 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 the effect of which will be to prohibit traffic on the following lengths of roads in Malpas to enable Carriageway resurfacintg works to be carried out by Cheshire West and Chester CouncilChester Road — From Post Office Lane for...
Temporary Road ClosureWell Street in MalpasNotice is hereby given pursuant to the provisions of Section 14 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 the effect of which will be to prohibit traffic on the following lengths of roads in Malpas to enable Stablisation works works to be carried out by JCPSWell Street from the junction of Oldhall Street to the junction of Well AvenueNothing...
High Street Church
Jubilee Hall, High Street, Malpas