Great Outdoors Malpas — Ladies Birdwatching Group Programme January 2017 — March 2017
Wednesday mornings — 10:00hrs — 13:30hrs
Nature related outdoor activities for the Over 50s
1. 11 Jan — 4 mile walk from Grindley Brook along country lanes and the Shropshire Union Canal
2. 25 Jan — Erddig (National Trust), Wrexham
3. 8 Feb — Short walk around Aldford village and along River Dee
4. 22 Feb — Chirk Castle (National Trust) woodland walk
5. 1 Mar — Burton Mere Wetlands (RSPB reserve on Wirral)
6. 15 Mar — Short walk around Marbury village and Big Mere
7. 22 Mar — Nant Mill (Woodland Trust) near Coedpoeth, Wrexham. Chance to hear and see a range of resident woodland birds.
All venues are provisional, subject to weather conditions and mobility of participants. Minibus transport is available with pick-up in Farndon. Some reserves may require an entrance fee.
The programme is designed to cover a range of habitats and to see a wide variety of bird species.
Meeting point either Bickley Hall Farm or central Malpas to arrange car share.
All activities are FREE — refreshments costs are not included
Leader — Anne Brenchley — If interested contact Anne on 01948 820728 (Tues-Thurs) or 07970 387017
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Temporary Prohibition of TrafficWell Street in MalpasNotice is hereby given pursuant to the provisions of Section 14 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 that the Cheshire West and Chester Borough Council intend to make an Order the effect of which will be to temporarily prohibit/restrict traffic on the following length of road in Malpas Ward to enable the Installation of a storm drain...
Cheshire West commemorates Victory in Japan with a two minute's silence at 11am on 15 August.To mark the 75th anniversary of VJ Day, on 15 August Chester Town Hall will once again be lit red, white and blue and decorated with union flags. There will be a two minutes' silence led by the Lord Mayor of Chester, Councillor Mark Williams, at 11am and it is hoped that wherever you are...