Great Outdoors Malpas — Ladies Birdwatching Group Programme January 2017 — March 2017
Wednesday mornings — 10:00hrs — 13:30hrs
Nature related outdoor activities for the Over 50s
1. 11 Jan — 4 mile walk from Grindley Brook along country lanes and the Shropshire Union Canal
2. 25 Jan — Erddig (National Trust), Wrexham
3. 8 Feb — Short walk around Aldford village and along River Dee
4. 22 Feb — Chirk Castle (National Trust) woodland walk
5. 1 Mar — Burton Mere Wetlands (RSPB reserve on Wirral)
6. 15 Mar — Short walk around Marbury village and Big Mere
7. 22 Mar — Nant Mill (Woodland Trust) near Coedpoeth, Wrexham. Chance to hear and see a range of resident woodland birds.
All venues are provisional, subject to weather conditions and mobility of participants. Minibus transport is available with pick-up in Farndon. Some reserves may require an entrance fee.
The programme is designed to cover a range of habitats and to see a wide variety of bird species.
Meeting point either Bickley Hall Farm or central Malpas to arrange car share.
All activities are FREE — refreshments costs are not included
Leader — Anne Brenchley — If interested contact Anne on 01948 820728 (Tues-Thurs) or 07970 387017
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Council Tax reduction scam emailCheshire West and Chester Council has been made aware of a new phishing email claiming to be a Council Tax reduction payment from GOV.UK. There has been an increase in the number of scam emails and calls being made. Please be extra careful and check anything that looks suspicious.In this instance, Council Tax correspondence would be from the local...
Malpas Field Club — Malpas History Magazine number 8In this issue:EDITORIALFRANK WYCHERLEY: MEMORIES OF A MASTER SADDLER'S SONMISS IDA FLACK: EIGHTY YEARS IN CHOLMONDELEYDAVID HAYNS: THE MALPAS RECTORIES — PART 1The contents of the document remain the copyright of the Malpas Field Club and they should not be reproduced in part or whole without the permission of...