Great Outdoors Malpas — Ladies Birdwatching Group Programme January 2017 — March 2017
Wednesday mornings — 10:00hrs — 13:30hrs
Nature related outdoor activities for the Over 50s
1. 11 Jan — 4 mile walk from Grindley Brook along country lanes and the Shropshire Union Canal
2. 25 Jan — Erddig (National Trust), Wrexham
3. 8 Feb — Short walk around Aldford village and along River Dee
4. 22 Feb — Chirk Castle (National Trust) woodland walk
5. 1 Mar — Burton Mere Wetlands (RSPB reserve on Wirral)
6. 15 Mar — Short walk around Marbury village and Big Mere
7. 22 Mar — Nant Mill (Woodland Trust) near Coedpoeth, Wrexham. Chance to hear and see a range of resident woodland birds.
All venues are provisional, subject to weather conditions and mobility of participants. Minibus transport is available with pick-up in Farndon. Some reserves may require an entrance fee.
The programme is designed to cover a range of habitats and to see a wide variety of bird species.
Meeting point either Bickley Hall Farm or central Malpas to arrange car share.
All activities are FREE — refreshments costs are not included
Leader — Anne Brenchley — If interested contact Anne on 01948 820728 (Tues-Thurs) or 07970 387017
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
The Warm Homes Project has begun! Fuel poverty can cover several groups of people — those who are on a low income, those who are older and particularly vulnerable (usually over 65) and those who may be on benefits or have illnesses that become exacerbated by the cold. If you know of anyone who would like to enquire as to what benefits they may be entitled to, or if they are particularly...
Going Crackers for Christmas FoodDownload the pdf file for recipes and further information...
High Street Church
Jubilee Hall, High Street, Malpas