Cheshire West and Chester Council
NOTICE OF ELECTION
Election of a Parish Councillor
For the Area of Malpas Parish
To be held on Thursday, 9th March 2017
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT
1. An election is to be held for a Parish Councillor for the said Parish.
2. Nomination papers may be obtained, during normal office hours, from the Returning Officer at the address shown below.
3. Completed nomination papers must be delivered to the Returning Officer at the offices of Cheshire West and Chester Council, as detailed in the schedule provided with the nomination pack, on any day after the date of this notice, but not later than 4pm on — Friday, 10th February 2017.
4. If the election is contested, the poll will take place on Thursday, 9th March 2017 between the hours of 7am and 10pm
5. Electors should take note that new applications to vote by post or to change existing postal or proxy arrangements e.g. cancellation or re-direction etc must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at the address shown below by 5pm on Wednesday, 22nd February 2017 if they are to be effective for this election.
6. New applications to vote by proxy must be received by the Electoral Registration Officer by 5pm on Wednesday, 1st March 2017.
7. The deadline for new applications to be received by the Electoral Registration Officer to vote by proxy on grounds of a medical or employment emergency is 5pm on Thursday, 9th March 2017.
Dated: Thursday, 2nd February 2017
Cheshire West and Chester Council,
2nd Floor, HQ Building,
58 Nicholas Street,
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Temporary Road Closure — Wrexham Road MalpasNotice is hereby given pursuant to the provisions of Section 14 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 the effect of which will be to prohibit traffic on the following lengths of roads in Malpas Ward to enable Carriageway Lining works to be carried out by Cheshire West and Chester CouncilWrexham Road — From Sunnyside to Hayside WalkNothing...
RE-ISSUE OF BOOK ABOUT MALPAS IN THE SECOND WORLD WAR To mark the 80th anniversary of the start of the second World War, on 3rd September 1939, David Hayns has re-issued a book published originally in 2005. The book includes the memories of many who lived or worked in Malpas during the war years, many of whom have sadly died since they were interviewed by the author. The book...
Malpas Recreation Ground
High Street Church