Cheshire West and Chester Council
NOTICE OF ELECTION
Election of a Parish Councillor
For the Area of Malpas Parish
To be held on Thursday, 9th March 2017
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT
1. An election is to be held for a Parish Councillor for the said Parish.
2. Nomination papers may be obtained, during normal office hours, from the Returning Officer at the address shown below.
3. Completed nomination papers must be delivered to the Returning Officer at the offices of Cheshire West and Chester Council, as detailed in the schedule provided with the nomination pack, on any day after the date of this notice, but not later than 4pm on — Friday, 10th February 2017.
4. If the election is contested, the poll will take place on Thursday, 9th March 2017 between the hours of 7am and 10pm
5. Electors should take note that new applications to vote by post or to change existing postal or proxy arrangements e.g. cancellation or re-direction etc must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at the address shown below by 5pm on Wednesday, 22nd February 2017 if they are to be effective for this election.
6. New applications to vote by proxy must be received by the Electoral Registration Officer by 5pm on Wednesday, 1st March 2017.
7. The deadline for new applications to be received by the Electoral Registration Officer to vote by proxy on grounds of a medical or employment emergency is 5pm on Thursday, 9th March 2017.
Dated: Thursday, 2nd February 2017
Cheshire West and Chester Council,
2nd Floor, HQ Building,
58 Nicholas Street,
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Temporary Prohibition of TrafficWell Street in MalpasNotice is hereby given pursuant to the provisions of Section 14 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 that the Cheshire West and Chester Borough Council intend to make an Order the effect of which will be to temporarily prohibit/restrict traffic on the following length of road in Malpas Ward to enable the Installation of a storm drain...
Cheshire West commemorates Victory in Japan with a two minute's silence at 11am on 15 August.To mark the 75th anniversary of VJ Day, on 15 August Chester Town Hall will once again be lit red, white and blue and decorated with union flags. There will be a two minutes' silence led by the Lord Mayor of Chester, Councillor Mark Williams, at 11am and it is hoped that wherever you are...