Bickerton church is recorded in the National Heritage List for England as a designated Grade II listed building.
It is an active Anglican parish church in the diocese of Chester, the archdeaconry of Chester, and the deanery of Malpas.
Its benefice is combined with those of St. Oswald's, Malpas and St. Johns, Threapwood.
The church was built as a chapel of ease to St Oswald's Church, Malpas in 1839 and was designed by the Lancaster architect Edmund Sharpe.
The land for the church was given by Philip Grey Egerton, and £2,000 was raised by publicsubscription.
£700 of this (equivalent to £62,000 in 2019) was used to build the church, and £300 was used for a minister's house. The rest was invested to provide a stipend for the minister.
A grant of £120 was provided by the Incorporated Church Building Society.
The church provided 268 seats. It was consecrated by John Sumner, Bishop of Chester, on 7 January 1840.
Holy Trinity became a separate parish church in 1869.
A chancel was added in 1875-76 and a baptistry in 1911.