Garden Waste Collection Suspension
The garden waste collection service will be suspended for a further four weeks from 11 January.
This now means that garden waste collections will now resume on Monday 8 February 2021
Garden Waste is normally suspended for 4 weeks over the winter in Cheshire West and Chester, this year from 14 December 2020 resuming on 11 January 2021.
However, this is being extended until 8 February 2021 to enable CWR to use resources to support both recycling and household containers during the festive period and provide resilience to maintain the core waste and recycling kerbside collections over the anticipated exceptionally busy winter period, and as part of a proactive approach to the ongoing tiered Covid restrictions facing the borough.
From April through to September 2020 the waste volumes collected via the domestic and recycling rounds, including food waste, increased by 17% as a result of the lockdowns and residents working from home, over the Christmas Holiday and ease of lock down restriction for a short time over Christmas, this may result in additional waste and carboard/plastic and paper recycling
Residents will still be able to dispose of their real Christmas trees using the below methods:
- Christmas trees can be taken for reuse at:
- Hooton Golf Club Chester Road, Hooton, Ellesmere Port, CH66 1QF
- Whitby Park Stanney Lance Ellesmere Port, CH65 9 AQ
- Stanney Fields Park Hinderton Road, Neston, CH64 9PE
- Westminster Park Hough Green, Chester, CH4 8JW
- Alexandra Park Canadian Avenue, Chester, CH2 3HH
- Castle Park Fountain Lane, Frodsham, WA6 6SA
- Knights Grange Sports Complex Winsford, CW7 2PT
Trees will be mulched for use throughout the year in your parks and gardens
Just Helping raise money for local hospices by collecting and recycling your real tree. Find your nearest hospice to arrange a collection.